Friday, September 19, 2008

Frugal Fridays: Recipe Binders

My most important tool in the kitchen is my recipe binder. Back when I was a single girl, I got a subscription to one of those recipe magazines where they show a picture of every recipe. I had to have the picture, since I'm rather picky, and I like to see whether something is going to "look" good. So, when I got married, I had a box of these magazines, plus a loose stack of recipes that I had torn out of magazines, printed off the internet, etc. Every once in awhile, I'd go through the magazines and try to highlight some recipes to try, but it was rather overwhelming, and I rarely used any of them.

Then, a couple of years ago, I came up with the idea to go through all my recipes, and cut out the ones I was interested in. I taped both the picture and the recipe to a piece of paper and put it in a sheet protector in my binder. And then...I recycled the rest of the magazine. The recipes are organized in my binder by appetizer, main dish, salad, dessert, etc. It takes up much less space than a boxful of recipe magazines, and best of all...I use it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment