Monday, October 13, 2008

What's up with the gas prices?

We filled up the Altama yesterday and thought we got a deal for $2.96 a gallon. But checking GasBuddy.com this morning I see that it's gone down to $2.79! That's nuts!!! Well actually, it's kinda sad that I'm getting this excited when it gets this below $3. I remember gas being $.96 at the corner gas station, where I grew up, for the longest time... And I remember everyone complaining about how they were planning on raising the prices to $1 a gallon. Haha, then years later, I remember when I got my first car, a little Hyundai Accent, and being able to go up to that same gas station and being able to fill my tank for $12! Slowly it cost more and more to fill that tank... $13, $15, $20 and right before it got totled last year, it cost me $25 (in AZ) to fill that same tank... And now here in Virginia, we're just lucky if we can fill up the Altama for less then $60. Crazyness. What's this world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment