Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Loves it!

I officially have a new hero... Jessica Seinfeld! After seeing her on The View and Opera talking about her new cookbook where she hides veggies in her kids food, I immediately got excited. I mean, hello, I am the inventor of the yummy (well according to Makayla) Spanish Waffles! This book just screamed my name!

So Opera had a few of the recipes on her
website and I just had to try out the Spanish Brownies [see her site]. Wow! That’s all I can say, I couldn’t tell the difference... I was hooked! So I bought the book... Seriously, she is so beyond brilliant. Why didn’t I think of this? This cookbook’s written by Jerry Seinfeld’s wife, Jessica. She’s a mother of three who was trying any way possible to get her kids to eat their veggies. Although I’ve never had a problem gettin Makayla to choose broccoli over... Well anything else on her plate... I’m always looking for a way to add extra vitamins to meals.

So yesterday I decided to try to Banana Bread with pureed cauliflower in it... I did however add Walnuts to make it Banana NUT Bread and I thought it was quite yummy... Mike said "it was dryer then [my] normal banana nut bread", which I typically make with yeast and in the bread maker. My next baking venture will be the Chocolate Chip cookies with Garbanzo beans.

If you want any of the recipes not on Opera’s site... Let me know, i’ll photocopy the page in my book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment