1 Spaghetti Squash
1 15 Ounce Can Chunky Tomato Sauce (I use Organic Muir brand)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 Onion, diced
1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
3. Place the squash on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes or until softened.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan over low to medium heat and saute the onion, garlic and carrot for 2-3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the basil.
6. Remove the squash from the over and let squash cool for several minutes.
7. Shred the squash with a fork until stringy. Tip: Hold the stem end of the squash with a towel or a glove so you don’t burn your hand while you’re shredding it.
8. Place the spaghetti squash in a bowl and top with the marinara sauce.