Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Steph & Mike update.

So people keep asking how me and Mike are doin since I never write an update on us... Well I figure it's such an icky day outside and I have nuthin better to do... Here ya go...

Me and Mike are doin really good, finally settled in our new house. Still workin on that TMO claim, but that should be settled here in the next week or two. Finally got it decorated for the most part, I've just got 2 (out of 16 curtains) that I still need to hang, I've just been totally lazy about that. Our grass is finally starting to come in, in the backyard and I actually bought a lawn mower (well a push mower) and mowed a lawn for the first time (in my entire life) last week. I felt special... Mike just sat there laughing at me since I was doin it in Uggs, PJ pants and a tank top (in 50 degree weather)... I'm just waiting for my parents to come at the end of the month and bring us their weed whacker and edger... They're both VERY much needed.

So I've finally decided to go back to college, I'm taking classes through American Military University and workin on a BA in Forensics. So now that the semesters started and I've pretty much already committed to going to that school... NOW they come back and tell me that they're only going to accept freakin 5 out of my 20+ classes!

So they're ONLY willing to accept my PoliSci, Psych, Eng100, Hist 1930+ and a humanities class. But even though they offer the same exact classes, and the ones at my old college were even titled the SAME THINGS, they're not willing to accept: Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, History of the Korean War, Criminal Law and Criminal Investigations. And what sux, is a couple of them are the SAME FREAKIN CLASSES, but they just have different names... Like I took "Intro to Criminal Justice", but this school calls it "Intro to Criminal Administration" so they wont give me credit for the class... And I took "Criminal Procedure & Evidence" at my old school, but this school calls it "Criminal Legal Process" but it's described as the same exact thing! BLAH!

I just think that's so stupid. It's just another way for the college to make extra money. Well I don't know... I need to get a hold of someone in the admin dept and petition it... Mike says he really doesn't see it going anywhere... It just irritates me that I busted my ass to keep a 3.5 GPA... And now it's just like, none of that crap counts... Well who know, I guess it'll just make the classes I have to take even easer so I can work for a 4.0 this time. I'm just bummed cuz I thought I only had 2 more years left of college... And now if they don't count all the classes I had already taken, now I've got more like 3 years... So gay. Well I have NO idea what in the world I'm planning on doing as a career. I certainly wont be returning to work till AFTER I get all the kids into at least kindergarten... So that'll be... Well 8-10 years down the road. And at that point I'll me in my *cough* mid 30's *cough* and that's probably too late to be looking at law school... So I figure I'm probably just gunna keep attending classes till we don't qualify for financial aid any more. Right now we qualify for FULL... So I'm takin 3 classes a semester (summer, spring, fall)... I should get the BA in Forensics in 3 years... As of right now, I think I'll probably just continue to take classes and just go for a double major in International Relations rather then going for my masters... Not like I really need another degree... But I figure it just gives me sumthin to do.

As far as Mike goes, he's doin great. He loves his job... He's part of Commander Naval Air Forces Atlantic, but because he's a Marine, he falls under MarForCom... From what I can figure out, he works for CNAF and answers to Naval Officers in CNAF... But because the Navy has different PFT standards then the Marine Corps, he has to go over to Camp Allen and run PFT's with MarForCom ::shrugs:: I really don't get it... And i'm not really sure he does either. HaHa. Anywayz, Mike had been working in a part of his shop where he just did general supply for aircraft on a few L-Deck's based out of here. But like 3 or 4 weeks ago, they made him the NCOIC of state side fixed wing supply's goin over to the Marine unit who just deployed to Afghanistan. So I think he's pretty happy with that. He also got his FitReps yesterday... Got mostly D's, which he swears is good concidering the CO averages B's-C's. I guess he was told that he only gived D's and E's to Marine's that he'd recomend for advanced promotion... (here's info on FitReps if you don't know how they work) And said that he NEVER gives F's or G's (cuz supposedly that means that the Marine should be able to "walk on water"). He said the only reason he wouldn't give Mike E's was because he's been a Sgt for less then a year and hasn't been to Sgt's course yet. So he's been recomended for that, so I should get a 6 week vacation from him since he'll have to go to Quantico or Lejeune to take it. So that should be nice. He also said if Mike keeps up the work ethic he's got now he'll be recomended for advanced promotion in a year... So maybe he can pick up Ssgt in another 2 years... Rather then 3-4. Well anyways Mike's playing 3rd base for the NavSta's softball team, they havent played their first game yet, and I really have no idea when that is... He's just been practising a couple times a week. He's also on his unit's Golf team... Honestly he SUCKS at golf, I have no idea why even put him on the team... Probably just cuz he's got a decent set of clubs, HaHa. But whatever. Gets him out more I guess.

Mike also started school also at AMU, but he's majoring in Business Management... I forget what he's minoring in... Somethin havin to do with Military Logistics or something. He's finished 1 class so far, got an A in it, and is currently taking 3 more classes. According to him he's got A's in all those, but we'll see.

Other then that, Makayla's good, we're (well I'm) busy planning her birthday party. We decided to not do the Blues Clues theme cuz I was having a hard time finding "cute" party supplies. So we've decided to opt for a Tinkerbell theme since she's now obsessed with the Disney Fairy's... But I'll write more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment