Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Makayla Update.


Makayla’s been really well. She turned 21 months old today... Only 3 more months till her 2nd birthday! That’s nuts, I so can’t believe that! I’ve already started planning her birthday party. I think we’re just going to have a smaller Blue’s Clues party this year. My parents and grandparents are are gunna be here the week of her birthday so I think we’re just gunna do the family thing... I might invite a couple of her friends. But defiantly not more then a couple family’s. For some reason I really just don’t feel like havin a big kids party... I’m still stressed out from last years, HaHa. I think I’ll save the larger party for next year when she really knows what’s goin on.


Anywayz, that kid seriously amazes me every day. She’s been picking up on things so fast these days. I mean I had read that they would kinda slow on the whole learning words for a month or so, around 18m of age... And then all of a sudden would pick it back up and just take off... But I don’t know, I guess I just really didn’t fathom how fast she’d take off or how much she’d learn. I mean, all I got to do is repeat a word twice and she’ll just say it over and over and over. Also, that kid has SUCH an imagination! We bought Makayla a large wooden kitchen for Christmas and she LOVES to cook with it. She separates her toy food by size and color all the time and puts it in her frying pans and "cooks" them up. She really hasn’t showed that much interest in the TV. I mean she has her regular shows that she loves to watch like Blues Clues and the Doodlebops and attempts to sing their songs. She also likes to watch Hannah Montana after her nightly bath.


She’s so big too, she’s 21 months as of today but has been gettin mistaken for a 2 or 3 year old since Christmas. I mean she’s only 27lbs (feels more like 40 lbs when you’re carrying her on your hip 24/7) and within the 72nd percentile for her weight, but she is soooooo freakin tall! She’s 36.5" (that’s well over the 100th percentile)... She is seriously ALL legs! It’s impossible to find her jeans anymore. A friend of mine had given me a bunch of her daughter’s 2T jeans, but none are long enough any more. My mom bought her some 3T pants for Christmas, they’re barely long enough, but way too big around the waist. I’ve tried the Children’s place 2T Longs but even they are kinda short. I can’t wait till the weather warms up and she can just wear shorts and skirts all the time. It’ll be so much easer.



Anywayz, she’s still not potty trained... I don’t get it. When she has to go potty she takes our hand and leads us up stairs (where her potty is), she puts her arms up for us to help her up on the toilet, she’ll sit there for a few minutes and then grab a few squares of toilet paper, wipe herself and stick the paper in the toilet, then put her arms up to get down and put our hands on the flusher thingy so we can flush it for her... And says "bye bye" and waves tot he toilet paper goin down the toilet... But it’s almost like she can’t bring herself to go on the toilet cuz minutes after we help her off the potty she’ll just go in the middle of the floor. Ugh, the joys of toddler-hood. We’ve had to switch her diapers, which i’m not too thrilled about. I think that’s the main reason that i’m pusing pottytraining right now. Since she was a week old, we’ve had her in the Target brand diapers... But after movin to Norfolk, we kinda got screwed. The target’s ehre SUCK when it comes to the baby department. Every time we go, they never have a large box, we always just have a buy a bunch of the little backs... and I swear, every time to go to buy any, they never have her size. She was in a size 5 but then they would only have a 6... So we moved her up to that size,a nd after a month they stoped carrying 6’s and 5’s and there was no way she could fit in a 4 and I didn’t wanna waist my money on pull ups... So we’ve now switched her to the PX brand. Actually, they’re really cheap ($4.50 for 26 size 6’s), they run REALLY big, actually in the PX brand Makayla can wear and should wear a size 5, but for whatever reason Mike got 6’s (XXL, up to 35lbs) the last time go bought them... So I guess for the 5’s we’d get even more diapers for that price... Either way I think they’re like half the price of the Target brand.


Oh, also in this house,she’s surprisingly become really good at walking up and down the stairs. We used to block off the stairs in our old house in Yuma, but because the stairs were different here in Norfolk we couldn’t. Because of her growth spurt, she’s not tall enough to hold on to the hand rail while goin down the stairs, which I’m glad about. Cuz now she can get upstairs to go play with her toys and crap.

Hmm, what else... I guess we’re in the process of transitioning her from her playpen to a twin bed. It’s a slow process, she has to sleep in her playpen for naps cuz she’s still fighting taking them. There’s been days where I’ve tried to bypass the noon nap, and all that ends up happening is that she falls asleep at like 4pm in front of the TV and then doesn’t want to go to bed at 7:30. So I don’t know when we’re finally gunna be able to put her in the big girl bed for naps, but we’re slowly working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment