Friday, February 5, 2010

Egg Custard

I love love love Egg Custard myself... But when I got to thinking about it, it's actually a great food for kids. My daughter LOVES the texture... And I'm very pleased that it's filled with protein.

Egg Custard (2 Smaller Servings)
1 Egg
1 Tsp Honey
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Milk
Hot Water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until throughly combined.
3. Pour egg mixture into 2 small ramekins.
4. Place the ramekins in a pan (I used a glass pyrex dish) and fill the pan with boiling water, reaching halfway up the sides of the ramekins (this prevents the eggs from curdling while they’re baking). *I like to place the pan in the oven and then pour the water in the
pan so I don’t take the chance of burning myself.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.
6. Cool and serve.