I think I had intended on posting something about this in May after we spent my daughter's 5th birthday at Disneyland, but it ended up slipping my mind. Anyways, so the So.Cal. locals (or those planning on making a trip to SoCal on or around a birthday) below are some ideas and options to make your Birthday celebration at Disneyland a magical one!
- Inform Cast Members/Travel Agent when you book your reservation that it is a Birthday celebration and provide them with the name and age of the Birthday child, and the child’s favorite character(s)
- Let your Resort/Hotel know when you check-in. Sometimes they will do something special for your child ranging from autographed character pictures and Birthday buttons to balloons in your room (this does not always happen but we have heard of many instances where it has).
- Visit ‘City Hall’ on Main Street in the Disneyland or ‘Guest Services in California Adventure for a complimentary Birthday Button.
- Make sure your child has an ‘Autograph Book’ when they wear the button. They will receive special Birthday greetings from the Characters.
- Tell the server about the Birthday at all meals in the parks and Disneyland Resort Hotels on this day.
- Let the band at New Orleans Square know about the birthday for a special birthday serenade
- Lilo & Stitch Birthday Set up
Guests dining at the PCH Grill can add this birthday celebration to their meal. It includes a birthday hat, plate, cup, blowout and goodie bag with stickers and candy treats. $5.00 each (tax is additional.) This is only available during Character meals.
Goofy's Kitchen Birthday Set up
Guests dining at Goofy's Kitchen can add this birthday celebration to their meal. It includes a birthday hat, balloon and goody bag with Goofy themed Maraca, pen and puzzle cube. $5.00 each (tax is additional.) For $1.50 per item, you can also a birthday balloon and/or cupcake
- "Happiest Birthdays on Earth"
You can enjoy a 45 minute to 1 hour birthday party at the Plaza Inn, which is located at the end of Main Street U.S.A. Priority seating can be made at the Plaza Inn, City Hall, and any Guest Relations Information Kiosk. Or, simply call (714) 781-DINE up to 30 days in advance. Prices are $15.99 per guest. Children under the age of 2 are free (prices are subject to change). Price includes cake, punch, party hat, a special Happy Birthday cup and Mickey Mouse Plate. Park admission is required. Premium Annual Passholders get 10% discount
During the party, there will be a cake-decorating contest and each participant will receive a special sticker. Your party host will be Mr. Patrick Edward Cake (AKA Pat E Cake). Joining the party will be two Disney characters. While Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse usually attend, other characters may appear in their place.
- Birthday Buckets
Available for $20 in two themes. It is recommended that you check with the restaurant to confirm availability:
- Disney Princess - 4" round birthday cake with candle, Sleeping Beauty magnetic dress up doll, kid sized purse with brush and comb, Happy Birthday cloisonne pin in a souvenir birthday bucket-Sorcerer Mickey - 4" round birthday cake with candle, Mickey plush key ring, Happy Birthday cloisonne pin and a sticker sheet in a souvenir birthday bucketAvailable at the following locations while dining:
- Blue Bayou
- Carnation Cafe
- Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration
- Wine Country Trattoria
- Vineyard Room
- Storyteller's Cafe
- PCH Grill
- Goofy's Kitchen
- Hook's Pointe
- Granville'sAvailable at the following locations without dining:
- Plaza Inn
- Room Service at the three Disney owned hotelsBirthday Buckets are not available at Napa Rose
- Fantasy Celebrations Events
If you want a celebration customized to commemorate a special occasion, Disney's Fantasy Celebration Event staff can roll out the red carpet for you and help make dreams come true -- complete with entertainment, characters, special prizes, food, beverages and more, in a variety of magical locations and themes. Just let them know your plans at least 30 days in advance. (Restrictions and fee minimums apply; call (714) 781-DINE for details).
- Birthday Cakes
Cakes can be ordered with a minimum of 48 hours notice and a maximum of 60 days in advance. These can be ordered through Vacation Planning. The participating restaurants are: Napa Rose, Storyteller's Cafe, PCH Grill, Yamabuki, Goofy's Kitchen, Hook's Pointe, Granville's.
Cake Serving Price 6" Round 6 - 8 $18 10" Round 10 - 14 $23.50 1/4 Sheet 20 $38 1/2 Sheet 40 $51 Full Sheet 80 $85 10" Cheesecake 10 - 14 $25
PCH Grill Birthday Dessert
Storytellers Birthday Dessert
Storytellers Birthday Dessert