Friday, February 20, 2009

Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gunna do...

Ok seriously what are the chances... So I've been driving around with an expired registration and inspection stickers for the past 3 months. We were planning on driving back to my husbands permanent home of residence (Ohio) and just re-registering the car there... But obviously never got around to it. We were trying to do it though the mail, but it was just taking sooo long. So my husband took drove up the Cleveland Thursday after work and took leave Friday and spent the morning going between the DMV and title office up there...

So like every Friday, I got up and got the 3 year old ready to ballet. I drove 30 minutes across town for that. After class, I text my husband to see what he had accomplished so far and he said "I'm sitting in the DMV waiting to get the plates, call you in a few minutes". So I take off... I make it 5 minutes down the road... And finally after 3 months with an expired tags, I get a cop behind me and "Woot woot" lights go on and I get pulled over. Seriously go figure! As my husband is sitting in the DMV re-registering I get pulled over. LUCKILY this officer saw the humor in this and just gave me a long lecture and let me go.

So I pull out of the 7-Eleven I had pulled into, pull out onto the main street and stop at the red light that was right there. So out of the corner of my eye, I see a cop pull up next to me, I just assume it was the guy who just pulled me over. So the light turns green and I accelerate. Then I notice the cop kinda pacing me, but back a little bit. I was goin the speed limor but was kinda weirded out that this guy wasn't passing me, so I slowed down 5MPH and so did the cop. At this point we were totally holding up traffic, so what's he do? gets behind me and "Woot Woot" lights go on. UGH!!! So I pull off the road again! Turns out I hadn't even made it a BLOCK and some other cop had seen me... Personally I think they were all screwing with me. Well this cop wasn't nearly as cool as the other guy. This guy wanted to lecture me AGAIN, and even after I explained to him my husband was sitting in the DMV re-registering the car, he insisted on running my plates and licence to make sure I "didn't have a record" ...And just FYI for all the readers... I don't. Anyways, after sitting there for 20 minutes the guy finally let me go...

I just thought it was a little too ironic that I drove around for 3 months without getting pulled over, and as soon as my husband goes to re-register the car, I get pulled over twice in a matter of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment