Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

So I heard of someone making cookie dough cupcakes and I missed their recipe but with some trial and error I have figured it out myself and even a "semi-homemade" way of creating them.

To start First you need cookie dough. I like to make my own but the stuff in a tube will work as well.

Here is some of my whole-wheat chocolate chip dough:
Next take cookie dough and make into about 1inch balls.
I use a small scoop but you can do this however you like:

Make 24 balls and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Chilled dough works best for this recipe.


Once your cookie dough is well chilled/a bit frozen it's time for your cake batter. You can make your own batter or use a cake mix, white, yellow or chocolate. Whatever floats your boat:) Make per directions typically 3 whole eggs, 1 cup water and 1/3cup of oil. Place liners in your cupcake pan and fill 1/2 full.
Here's mine- were moving and I had a yellow mix in the cupboard:

Next place a cookie ball in the center of each cup:
Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Now place on a wire cooling rack and cool until ready to frost.
Use the stuff in a can or make your own buttercream.
Then frost as desired...my decorating supplies are packed up so I just used a spatula:
Yeah Sponge Bob liners too

I had some leftover cookie dough too so I baked some cookies up too:
Once cool I quartered and decorated:
Don't those look Yummy!

Oh and they were, take a look here's the inside:
So yummy!