Monday, August 10, 2009

New Fav Blog!

I found this blog by watching the Rachael Ray Show and am HOOKED!In just 27 hours, Matt Logelin experienced the most overwhelming joy as he and his wife Liz welcomed their new daughter, Madeline, followed by the most heartbreaking loss imaginable. "It went from my version of perfection to absolute hell," says Matt, whose high school sweetheart died suddenly in the hospital of a pulmonary embolism. "We didn't have that last five minutes," he says. "My wife was dead. I mean, what the hell do I do? I didn't know how to live without her."

But he soon found a lifeline when he returned home with his baby girl and decided to use Liz's pregnancy blog as a way to communicate with his family. "I just wanted to give them visual proof that I was succeeding," says the 31-year-old. News about his blog and the honesty he displayed in it began to spread across the Web. Within months, more than 40,000 people were reading it every day, and parenting tips began pouring in from strangers around the world. "I never dreamt that people would give me advice or that they would actually help me through this process," Matt says. "It helps me every day."

His story has been featured in People magazine and he has created a foundation in his wife's name to offer financial support to others facing similar circumstances, including the widowers with children whom he has met through his blog. Matt says the feedback continues to be meaningful as he builds a life with his daughter. "It makes me feel like I'm doing something right here, and that's a really nice feeling."