Saturday, September 20, 2008

I didn't get the memo...

This being our first fall here in VA... I didn't know there was no middle ground between summer and winter. You see, at our previous duty station, Yuma AZ, the average summer temperature was 120 degrees... Now around this time, mid September, it cools down from 120, to about 110, and in another 3 or 4 weeks it will cool down to 100 degrees. In fact, last year, on November 2nd, the day we left Yuma (for Norfolk) it was actually 98 degrees at 10am that morning.

So this brings me to today, September 20th. Seeing how last weekend it was 90 something and beyond humid, I really expected today, being overcast, to be about the same... Boy was I wrong. Stupid me had the brilliant idea to wear a tube top to the airshow to try to get rid of my tan lines for the Navy Ball in 3 weeks. Stupid stupid me... I apparently didn't get the memo that there is no middle ground between summer and winter here in Hampton Roads. Even though it was 90 degrees last week, nope not anymore seeing how it's like 2 days till fall. 65-70 degrees. CRAZYNESS. Yes, that's me below, the idiot in the tube top... If you were at the airshow I'm sure you saw me! I was the ONLY idiot out there WITHOUT a jacket or sweatshirt... and in a flippin TUBETOP!


No comments:

Post a Comment