In honor of Memorial Day, the B&B and boutique inn owners on the Eastern Shore of Virginia have declared Thursday, May 14, 2009 “Virginia’s Eastern Shore Salutes Our Troops” day.
Twenty-one participating Eastern Shore B&Bs are offering a total of 50 rooms for FREE one-night stays to active military personnel and their special someone as a tribute to their military service. We want to recognize the sacrifice our men and women in uniform and their families make every day. In addition to a free night in a charming inn, many are offering extras such as dinner for two, free massage, and discounts for extended stays.
In response to the First Lady’s commitment to support military families, Eastern Shore B&Bs devised a way to give the troops what they need most – a quiet respite to spend time with a loved one in one of America’s special places. A secret hideaway tucked between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, this pristine peninsula offers serenity and small town hospitality.
To be eligible, military personnel need only provide proof of active service when they arrive at the B&B. You must be military personnel in active status to qualify.
- Review the participating B&Bs.
- Select your first choice B&B by clicking on it in the first drop down menu.
- Select your second choice B&B by clicking on it in the second drop down menu.
- Complete the form including the contact number where we can reach you.
- Click Submit to enter. Please submit only one entry military person. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
- Submit your entry by April 16, 2009. We cannot accept entries after that date.
- Winners will be selected at random and notified by the B&B. Expect to receive notification by April 24, 2009.
- If we can’t connect with the winner after a few tries, we will draw another name to fill the slot.
- No purchase necessary.