Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

This is a re-post from my friend Ashley, and yes, that's my little girl in the pink. Ashley helped the kids make this yummy and fun ice cream treat over new years and I wanted to share this super easy recipe.

1/2 cup milk
1 tbls sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla or 1/2 tbls cocoa

Combine ingredients in a ziplock bag.
Put bag inside another bag. 
Add tray of ice and 6 tbls salt.
Dance, shake, girate until it turns into icecream.
Serve with sprinkles and giggles.
The ice cream tasted pretty good. It was a little more like "ice milk" then "ice cream" (crystaly vs creamy) but the kdis didn't care. Plus, I felt pretty good giving it to my kid seeing how it only had 3 ingredients in it and I knew what they all were.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I feel special. After robbing you of posts all the time I FINALLY made it. LOL
    It only tasted like IceMilk because I doubled the recipe but not he sugar. It is actually much better when you follow directions...
    But, some people might like it like that, just not me. ***Homer Simpson "choooocolate"***

    ReplyDelete