Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake!

We have an Ice Cream place out here called Bruisers that comes out with these amazing seasonal flavors. The new fall flavors I absolutely love are Pumpkin Pie Ripple, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pecan, and Pumpkin Yogurt. I wish I was less lazy and could/would make homemade pumpkin ice cream... But yeah, way too much work for me... So I settled for a home made pumpkin pie milk shake. YUMMY!
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
  • 1 cup fat-free milk (or soymilk)
  • 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
  • 3 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
  • Cinnamon (optional)
Directions:
  • Place the ice cream, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin-pie spice in a blender
  • Process until smooth.
  • Pour 3/4 cup ice cream mixture into each of 4 glasses.
  • Top each with 2 teaspoons whipped topping
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon , if desired.