2 small tomatoes
1 small onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
About 1.5 cups of pasta (We always use star-shaped pasta)
Oil for frying
Dash of salt
Other spices you might want (We use Mrs. Dash)
Half can of tomato puree or sauce
1. Cut the onion into slices and add to a saucepan along with the garlic cloves and the oil. Fry for about three minutes.
2. In a blender add the lightly fried onion slices, garlic cloves, tomato, tomato sauce, cilantro, and a little bit of water in case it turns out too thick. Blend until smooth.
3. In a pot, fry the pasta until golden brown.
4. Add the blended sauce to the pasta along with one cup of water. Boil for about 10 minutes until pasta cooks thoroughly. While the pasta boils, add all the spices.
5. Leave on the stove for about 5 minutes or until it cools out.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
at 7:13 AM