Thursday, July 3, 2008

Java Pop

So I made a trip down to Big Lots today, and while walking down the drink aisle, I found this beverage called "Java Pop".

According to the Java Pop, Inc. website, Java Pop is the world's first USDA Organic Fair Trade Certified Coffee Soda.

Huh? Ok USDA Organic - I know what that is. Fair Trade Certified? I didn't know that this applies to something like coffee soda. So I assume I can purchase an unfair trade certified version? how about a fair trade uncertified version? oh oh or maybe even an unfair trade uncertified version?

Dude, it's just coffee soda.

Anyways, sounds funky doesn't it? Funky enough for me to try. They had Hazelnut, Mocha, and Expresso at the store... But I see on their website that they also sell Vanilla and Caramel.

I absolutely love coffee... But... Unfortunatly i'm not such a big fan of soda... And I think that's what ruined the drink for me. The carbonation maybe? or maybe i'm just more of a
coffee purist then I thought. I bought the Hazelnut one. But I think maybe the Vanilla would be better cuz it might taste more like Cream Soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment