Thursday, July 24, 2008

Military ID's

I was reading a poem earlier about being a Marine wife, and this sentence made me laugh, "I love my Marine so much, it is him that I did marry, but without my trusty ID card, I can't go to the commissary." That might seem stupid, but trust me it's not when you really need to go to the commissary and you forgot your ID!

It's funny how just little things become part of your lifestyle. I miss not needing to leave the base. Now that I live off base it's another story. My military ID has become my most prized possession! You really can't do anything without it, lol. Also...Anything I do I'm no longer asked my name, or my birth date, or my social security number. I am known by Mike's social security number. Whether I am calling to get our plumbing fixed or making a doctors appointment that's the only information I give them. Recently I was on the phone with the bank and was asked my social and had the hardest time remembering mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment