Thursday, December 11, 2008

25 Days of Christmas: Day 11

I'm a horrible person. I copied this recipe and got kinda spastic and accidentally exited out of the window before I could get the link to credit. Now of course I can't find it... But I love this recipe too much not to use it. So if you're reading this and this is your recipe just shoot me an email so I can credit you.
Pecan Pralines
3 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1 c. buttermilk
3/4 c. light corn syrup
2 T. butter
2 c. pecan halves

In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, soda, and salt. Stir in buttermilk and corn syrup. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until the mixture reaches 234° (soft ball stage.)

Remove from heat and add butter. Stir in pecans and continue to stir vigorously for another 5 minutes. The mixture should be thick enough to drop from a tablespoon onto waxed paper. Work quickly because the mixture will become too stiff to work with quite fast.