Thursday, June 24, 2010

When your husband says he doesn’t love you anymore or want to be married anymore...

I found this online somewhere... Wish I had the link to the sight... Anyway, I think I'm between 4 and 5... I'm still bargaining with God... Well I call it praying. Although I'm not getting anything back... I don't know, hopefully step 5 comes soon.

1. Of course you are going to fall apart, and mourn the loss of the future you thought you’d have.

2. You will feel like death itself and even welcome your own.

3. Then, when your mind somewhat clears, you’ll wonder what really occurred. You will question what you might have done to cause the marriage breakdown and wonder what you might have done to save it.

4. Then you will bargain with God, your husband, even your children, or with anyone who will listen as you urgently try to get things back to normal, and get yourself back into his heart, head, and bed.

5. And, when things somewhat settle, and you’ve gotten some rest, and you emerge from the initial impact of what has occurred, you will see that this is not about you, or what you did or did not do. You will see there that there is no real power in bargaining with him, or real value in your becoming whatever you think he’d prefer you to be.

6. You will see that, quite apart from whatever he decides to do, there is great power and value in picking up your life, one emotion at a time, and doing what is best for yourself and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment