Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just what I want for Christmas!

Am I the only one who finds this weird? The NEX is selling statues of Obama. At no other time can I remember stores selling merchandise of past presidents... Ok maybe George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln (the guys on Mt. Rushmore)... But they were imprdalized in stone "to represent the first 150 years of American history. These presidents were selected because of their role in preserving the Republic and expanding its territory."
But I mean coffee mugs, plates, Tshirts, coins, now statues of this guy who in this
year since election has done NOTHING. I just find the "idol" level that people are holding this guy to, just WEIRD. And yeah yeah yeah... I get that he's our president... But all i'm sayin is that if McCain had won I would STILL find statues and plates and coffee mugs with his face on it just plane weird. And you know, I really wanted to give Lenox the benifit of the doubt. I would find this all less irritating if I saw they had some kind of "Presidents" line... But I searched and searched their website and found NOTHING. In all honestly, i'm just WAITING for someone to propose the gov. pay to have this guys ugly mug emordlized in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment