1 cup Polenta/Cornmeal
1 cup Light brown sugar
2 cups water
2 cups soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Almond extract
1/4 cup coconut
Optional for Garnishing
- In a non-stick deep pan, bring water and soy milk to a boil, add sugar, and once dissolved whisk in the cornmeal.
- Allow to simmer on medium heat stirring gently with a wooden spoon.
- It might take about 10min to thicken. Be careful when it starts to thicken as it will start to erupt volcanically.
- Keep stirring until a thick paste-like consistency is obtained.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla, coconut and almond extract
- Pour in a round 8-9" glass dish.
- Spread evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle with Powdered sugar, coconut and/or chopped nuts.
- Allow to set. You can place it in the refrigerator when it is a bit cooled.
- Cut into 8 triangle pieces.