Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Leftover Halloween Candy Bark

So I went out last week and bought 5 bags of Halloween candy in preparation from the influx of children that was shurly going to be flooding our neighborhood October 31st.  Well Halloween came and went and wouldn't you know it, we did not get a single trick-or-treater! Well stupid me really should have just poured one bag of candy into the candy bowl at a time rather than opening all 5 bags and dumping them to the bowl because I now have WAAAAAY too much candy sitting around that I really really don't need sitting in the house. SO, with that said, I felt kinda weird just giving my friends a handful of obvious Halloween candy... BUT if I was to make something homemade, well that's heart felt right... SO, that's where my Candy Bark comes in. I hope this recipe may be able to help others in the same situation as me.  :-p

Ingredients
    * 1 pound bittersweet chocolate chips
    * 1 pound Halloween candy (Snickers, Butterfingers, M&M's, Twix, Reeces, Etc)
    * 3 ounces high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), chopped

Preparation
    * Line baking sheet with foil. 
    * Stir chocolate chips in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and warm to touch.
    * Pour chocolate onto foil; spread to 1/4-inch thickness (about 12x10-inch rectangle).
    * Sprinkle with Halloween candy, making sure all pieces touch melted chocolate to adhere.
    * Put white chocolate in heavy small saucepan.
    * Stir constantly over very low heat until chocolate is melted and warm to touch.
    * Remove from heat.
    * Dip spoon into chocolate; wave from side to side over bark, creating zigzag lines.
    * Chill bark until firm, 30 minutes. 
    * Slide foil with candy onto work surface; peel off foil. 
    * Cut bark into irregular pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment