Friday, October 29, 2010

Have a Healthy Halloween

It's that time of year again. While I love for my daughter to go to the Fall Festivals, carnivals, and Trick-or-Treating, I do not LOVE the insane amount of candy that they bring home. After she eats waaaay too much candy Halloween night and finally calms down from the sugar-high and heads off to bed, I toss candy that I really don't want her to have. I set aside the candy that Mommy likes for later... and I get a few ziploc bags and fill with candy that does not look Halloween-ish and I use this candy for stuffing Christmas Stockings.

I hate giving candy out, because I have this love/hate relationship with the sugary treats. In the past I have given individual packs of gold-fish, animal crackers, etc... to the younger kids. I like to give something they will want to eat when their moms say no more candy. I compiled a list below... These are just to give moms like me a little inspiration if they're looking to hand out non-candy Halloween treats this year. These are all items I would LOVE for my daughter to get in her trick-or-treat bad rather than that Snickers bar.

5 Healthy Candy Alternatives

Individual Packs of Gold-Fish
Animal Crackers

Sugar Free Gummy Bears

Granola Bars

Fruit bars such as Fig Newton’s


5 Halloween food Alternatives

Glow in the dark necklaces

Halloween themed bubbles

Party-bag size playdough

Silly Bandz

Coloring Books/Crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment