With Marine Corps Ball season coming upon us I found a need to make a post about it... Even though I think everyone attending a ball this year should refer to my "What NOT to wear... to military balls" post from a couple years ago (it's probably my most Googled post). None the less I still compiled what I think are the 5 most important points to keep in mind when attending the Marine Corps Ball.
1. Don't dress like a skank. Most places, full length gowns are the norm. Never go above the knee.
2. Don't wear a corsage or glitter. This is not your high school prom.
3. Don't get hammered. Your behavior and appearance reflect on your Marine.
4. Stand whenever the wives at the head table stand during the ceremony.
5. Keep your mouth shut and LISTEN during the ceremony. Whispering is rude, and there is a lot to be learned about the Marine Corps culture during this important event.