Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall is definitely in the air!

I suppose I need to start thinking about transplanting a couple plants from my vegetable garden into large pots and bringing them into the house. I'm just really not ready for it to get cold yet and I'm certainly NOT ready for winter! Buuuuuut... The high today was 65 degrease. Blah. I hate cold weather, I'm not ready to put away my tank-tops and flip-flops yet. And I'm certainly not ready to say goodbye to my garden. I think I've got 4 decent sized tomato plants... One is actually HUGE. I think it's about 5' tall and has probably 9 or 10 tennis ball sized tomato's on it that have yet to ripen... And more small ones forming. I'd really like to at least keep that one and see if I can get it to survive indoors throughout the winter... I'm not sure if I'm going to try to replant any of my pepper plants. They haven't produced much this Summer anyway. Out of 7 pepper plants I've only gotten 3 small bell peppers off them, and I think there's probably about 10 peppers ready to be picked on them now, but I don't see any new buds and I doubt they're going to do very much. I think they're pretty much done for the winter. Such a shame because they produced the most unusual purple peppers I've ever seen. I also got a few green and yellow ones too. Oddly only 1 red. Anyone out there managed to keep a summer garden going into the winter in doors? Email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment