Monday, October 6, 2008

Why I hate UPS

What is the point of paying an arm and a leg for "2nd day air" when they NEVER honor it!!! I paid over $20 LAST Monday to have an item shipped to me in 2 days! The item left the warehouse on Tuesday, I was sent a confirmation number Tuesday night and upon checking, it was conferred that the item would be delivered to me on FRIDAY... When I didn't receive it Friday, I checked the website to only find that it was somewhere in Illinois and they had rescheduled the delivery date to Monday. Well here it is Monday... And guess what, I still don't have it! I checked the website to find this...
Tuesday: Departed Oak Creek, WI
Wednesday: Arrived Hodgkins, IL
Thursday: Departed Earth Creek, MO
Friday: Arrived Adison, IL (7:49am)
Departed Adison, IL (9:45am)
[delivery rescheduled] Thursday, October 9,
2008


So I call UPS who says "it's in rout" I ask if they can tell me where it is. Supposedly they can't. I find that hard to believe. I ask them why the website has not updated the package location but changed my delivery date. I was told that there had been an "incident" with the truck and they had to transfer all the packages to a new one. Funny cuz last time I ordered flowers for my mother (ProFlowers) for Mother's day, they ship UPS and they used the SAME excuse when the flowers arrived 3 days late and DEAD.

So naturally, I demanded my delivery money back since I payed for 2 day shipping and it was taking them over 10 days to deliver it. They tried telling me it wasn't their fault, it was the truck... Uhh actually that IS your fault... And I think if my package was a day late I would understand... But just because you "switched" trucks, doesn't mean that you should tack on 6 days to my delivery date. That doesn't even make since. Anyways, I was told that UPS would NOT be giving me any money back, but I could call and talk to the company I ordered merchandise from and they could take that up with UPS. UGH! If online merchants would just give you a choice of your delivery company, they wouldn't have problems like that. I would NEVER choose UPS, if it's not one thing (broken damaged packages) it's another with that company. Ok, I'm done ranting... For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment