Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The lazy vegitarian

Every once in a while I'll get an email from someone saying that they've tried being a vegetarian but they just couldn't do it because they were eating the same thing everyday... Vegetables, vegetables and more vegetables... Well yeah, i'd get bored of eating that kinda food too. Or someone will tell me that the recipe's are too difficult to eat every single day. Oh I believe it. I'm waaaaaaay too lazy to even make eggplant parmiasan for special ocations. For some reason, people seem to ever look the large selections of "fake meats" out there. Take lastnight's dinner for example. I think it took me all of 15 minutes to throw together... I used $1 carabian jerk maranaide from Walmart and just dumped it over a bag of Quorn "chikn" (my husband's favorite) and let that sit for 5 or so minutes. Meanwhile I heated Pinto Beans and Hominy (in seperate pots) on low... I dumped the maranated "Chikn" into a skillit and warmed it through... Then just piled the Chikn and pinto beans on tortila's and served like burritos witht he Hominy on the side. Filling, yummy and most of all... EASY!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment