Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thinking about the MC Ball?

Well it's about that time again... The time we all start thinking about the Marine Corps Ball. We just found out a couple days ago when/where the actual Marine Corps Ball will be held and let me say, I'm slightly urked.

Ok, so 3 years ago they MADE us drive from Yuma AZ to Primm NV (5hrs), and had to pay $95 EACH ($190 combined) for a hotel room and sub-par meal. Then, 2 years ago, we HAD to pay $35 a piece for a decent dinner at the O-Club on base. Then last year (which we missed because we were PCSing) they lowered the Ball at the O-Club to only $32 a person. What a deal right? Haha. PLUS, on top of all those charges, it was your responsibility to find your own childcare... AND they charged you an arm and a leg for drinks... I mean $4 for a Cooers? Come on now.

So this year, since my husband's in a Navy unit, we were invited to the Navy Birthday Ball... At first I cringed because I really didn't think we could afford to pay for a sitter AND the ungodly ticket price... Now mind you, only 3 or 4 weeks after the Navy ball we will have a Marine Corps ball which we will be expected to attend. So I hesitant ask for the price... $20 a piece... No he couldn't be right... I go and look it up online... And this is what I found...


O3 - Above = $70
O1-O3 = $50
W1 - W4 = $50
E7 - E9 = $50
E5-E6 = $20
E1-E4 = $10

Shocking! The military doing something that actually makes since! Err, I'm sorry, not the military, but the Navy. Charging the higher ranking officers who clearly make more... More money then the junior enlisted guys. I mean that pricing chart totally makes since right?

Well I guess they're making up for it with the Marine Corps Ball, which I just don't get. They are charging $55 a person across the board... Regardless of rank, regardless if you're in the military or not. Which I think is BS that they're gunna charge "Joe 6-Pack" civilian the same as a poor E-2. I don't get why such a price hike... I mean it's not like they have an open bar or provide child care... Or even give you a free gift. Rumor is, they got some wine company to sponsor the even and even exclusively sell they're wine... AND that the free gift is coasters from their winery. WHAT? No challenge coin? No etched glasses/mugs? No cheesy picture frame? What's up with that? But you better bet your but that those officers are gunna walk away with a pricey gift for the amount that all the enlisted are being asked to pay. But no, the thing that irritates me the most is the fact that there is NO provided child care, AND all this is going on AFTER the CDC (on base day care) closes. So what am I supposed to do? $110 for what? Chicken/Prime Rip... Oh wait, I don't eat meat, that means I get to pay $55 for sauteed mushrooms... They better freakin be sauteed in GOLD! Ok... I clearly haven't' gotten my coffee on that... I should probably get on making that before I freak out any more. But I'd like to hear how much ya'll balls cost and if you thought they were over priced or worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment