Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last night...

Ok, like I keep saying, and I'm sure all my friends and family who have talked to me in the past 24 hours are sick of hearing... This ball was everything my high school prom wasn't. I mean I'm not complaining in anyway. For $20 tickets, I can totally understand having to cut some corners... First... It was in a gym, 2nd there was the stereotypical bad food... Of course there was the ball ceremonies, speeches, and whatnot. But the thing I thought was the funniest... There was like this middle aged garage band playing there... Playing Sublime. Seriously, it was one of the better balls I had been to... Maybe cuz I wasn't trashed... Or maybe I just felt like I was back in high school for a couple hours... It was cute... Like prom for grown ups... I think more Navy/Marine Corps balls need to be held in base gyms. HaHa. Anywayz, we all had fun standing around, judging all the older officers getting down on the dance floor. It was just very different then all the Marine Corps balls I have been to... Good, but different. I'm glad I went and now we shall see how the $50 a plate Marine Corps Birthday ball next month compares.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment