Monday, November 24, 2008

Car Accident (Part Two)

This is complete crap! So I was in a car accident last week... Remember? An idiot wasn't paying attention and t-boned me in the middle of an intersection. Ok... So that was last Tuesday... Now my car's not totaled, it's still drivable... But it's got stuff hanging off of it dragging on the ground... Like the tail pipe... And I have to pry the gas cap open to fill it up... I mean nothing you should have to deal with in an 11 month old car!

Ok, this lady and I exchanged information (via the cop I called). I contacted her insurance company within hours of returning home. That night I had my husband took the car down to her insurances appraiser who quoted the damage at $3,300. So that was all Tuesday night. Wednesday we called her insurance company back to make sure they got the quote, we were told she would be calling us back Friday morning to fax us paperwork to sign and what-not... Well we never got a call back... That evening my husband calls down there only to find out that the agent had been trying to call her client (the woman who it me) had been calling her 4 or 5 times a day and the lady had been refusing to answer her phone. She said she had left multiple messages on her machine saying that by law she must file a clam within so many days of an accident and that she needed the lady's statement of what happens since I was claiming that it was her clients fault. Well the agent says that she came into work Friday morning to a message on her answering machine from the lady filing the clam but never admitted fault or anything like that... Now the agent's spent the past 3 days trying to get a hold of her with no luck.

Well this posses a problem for us. Because her insurance agency won't pay to fix MY car without a statement from both parties. Luckily the police took a statement at the scene... Now unfortunately, they don't even have the report on file yet and said that if it's not on file by Wednesday that it won't be till at least Monday! It's 2 weeks after the accident! This is ridiculous! And then even once the stupid police report registers on file, then the insurance agent will have to request it BY MAIL and give the police 5-10 business days to mail it out! This whole things going to take a freakin month! That just really pisses me off considering 1, it was this idiot who hit ME! and now she is refusing to give a statement so I can just get my damn car fixed!

My husband thinks she's doing this just to give us a hard time so we'll go through our insurance to get the car fixed which will keep her rates from going up... BUT it would up our rates AND we would have to pay a $500 deductible... And I've already said that I'm not paying a single dime because this was 110% NOT MY FAULT!