Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deceptiveness

Deceptiveness just drives me nuts... So I saw a deal our local grocery store was running... They're doing this drive up service, where you order your stuff online and then just drive up in front of the store and they just bring all your stuff out to your car. So I thought I'd give it a shot. I ordered my stuff online yesterday morning and then had my husband pick up the groceries on his way home from work. Well all I gotta say is that I will NOT be using that service again... First of all... Half the stuff they listed on their website they were out of... Did they tell me? No they just went ahead and replaced it... Typically i'd be fine with that cuz I'm not a real picky person... But the problem is they took items like "MuShu Shrimp Bowl" and replaced it with "MuShu Chicken Bowl" And "Bean and Cheese Burrito" and replaced it with "Chicken and Cheese Burrito" and "Mac-N-Cheese Meal" and replaced it with "Cheeseburger-N-Mak Meal" Well that works out great for my husband... But I'm a vegetarian, so what am I supposed to eat now? That's the ONLY reason I even shop at this store! Cuz they're supposed to have such a good selection of health and vegetarian food... Well apparently not! Oh and I order plain soymilk so I can use it for my mashed potatoes, and gravy and what not for thanks giving... So they're out of the plane... So they just replace it with 4 cartons of "Very Vanilla"... Uhh, that's fine for baking... But I can't cook with that! UGH. I just waisted so much money of food I can't even eat. Oh... But get this... This is what made me the most mad... You do not get in between me and my chocolate (HaHa). So see this picture on the right, with the following caption: "Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie... Special: $1.00... No description available" ...Ok seriously, look at that picture, that is sooo a pint! But what did they send me? an ounce or two!!! I was shocked! I had never even seen the cartons this small! Stupid me thought I was gettin a deal, A pint for $1... But nah, so not a deal, the scoops they give in their ice cream shop are bigger then this carton!