Thursday, November 6, 2008

The progression of a cold

I hate being sick... I mean not that any one ever really likes it... I'm just really not used to it. Being stationed in Arizona for 3 years, that kinda kept colds away. I don't know if it was the dry air or the warm weather but I never got sick. Seriously, I don't remember getting sick once the whole time we lived there! But now we move here and I'm the first to get sick. Between my husband going to work and picking up stuff and my daughter going to playdates and gettin stuff there... Neither of them ever get sick... They're just carriers and bring it home to me. Blah.


The progression of a cold:
Day 1: Feeling a little tired and drained
Day 2: Feeling slightly "blah" with a slightly runny nose..
Day 3: Slight stuffy nose, irritating cough.
Day 4: Soar throat, runny nose, sever headache.
Day 5: Stuffy nose, loss of hearing, sinus headache, soar throat, "pukey" feeling.
Day 6: Stuffy nose, soar throat, sinus headache, skin and hair hurts.
Day 7: Sever cough, horse voice.

With today being day 7, I suppose I should be happy all I have is a cough and I'm getting everything out of my system and my headache's gone... And even better, I CAN BREATH! I just hope I'm all better by tomorrow evening... Because right now I really don't feel like going to the Marine Corps ball... But for $55 a ticket, I will have to be on my death bed before I back out... I just hope I get rid of this cough... Cuz I would really feel bad sitting there during the ceremony hacking up a lung and grossing everyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment