Saturday, November 22, 2008

Grand Illuminaltion Parade

Well usually I love going to all the parades and festivals around here... But last night's Grand Illumination Parade made me glad that it was the past one till spring.

I was just shocked by how incredible rude people were! First we were just trying to cross the street but everyone had blocked the crosswalks and was just being generally rude not wanting to let us in like we were trying to take their spot. So my husband's off trying to beg people to let him through and I'm behind him... All of a sudden I get some women hitting me in my back. When I turn around, the women standing behind me wasn't even looking at me, so I turn back around and continue to try to get across the street... I get hit again, but in the side and the lady standing behind me says "You're standing in front of people" I turn around to look at her and once again she's not looking at me, but I just explain that we're just trying to Cross the street... Well that wasn't good enough for her because she hit be again, and made a few snide remarks, and we got into it. We ended up having to walk a quarter mile down and finally was able to push our way through the crowd and crossed the street. So when we finally got across the street and find a spot we were just pushed around, and shoved... Until mid parade when some idiot guy who showed up after the parade started put his 6 year old on his shoulder's and pushed his way right in front of my husband for absolutely no reason (he was standing next to my husband and daughter and had the same view). Well when they pushed themselves in front of my kid, she just started crying cuz she couldn't see any longer. Did the guy care? Nope. Because he won the pushing match.

I swear... Some people... We walked down where it was A LOT less crowded and the people seemed to be MUCH friendlier down there... It was still too crowded to really be able to see... But this whole experience has just turned me of this parade... They had nice floats and all but it was way too cold to deal with such rude folk, so we ended up leaving halfway through the parade. It really wasn't worth staying any longer since my kid couldn't see anything anyway

No comments: