Monday, November 17, 2008

Opinions needed!

I don't know if this is a Navy thing or an officer thing... But in the Marine Corps we never had unit Christmas Party's... Well I mean we had family brunch where all the officers would serve chowhall food to all the enlisted and their family's in a big hanger... Wasn't fancy or anything. The guys would just head over there in their cammies after gettin off of work and meet the rest of the family's... It was definably just a jeans and sweatshirt kinda thing. I know it doesn't sound like anything great, but I loved it! They'd TRY to decorate, which was always appreciated and then Santa would always show up on one of Crash Fire Rescue's fire trucks... And they usually had Mrs. Clause and elves come too... And then would give each child a really nice age appropriate toy that I can only assume had been donated through Toys for Tots.

Well now this year, now that my husband's in a officer dominated Navy unit, we have a "Kids Christmas Party" and an "Adult Christmas Party". I have NO CLUE what either are gunna be like. I know my husband said that the "Adult Christmas Party" would be "semi-formal" and he would need to wear collard shirt and tie (no uniform). So, here's my dilemma... It's gunna be cold the 2nd week in December. I have NO CLUE what to wear... I've spent every winter before this on the west coast where the average winter temp was 60 degrees... So all my "semi-formal" spaghetti strap and halter top dresses won't do. So here where it will probably be down in the 20's the night of the party... I need to find some kinda "semi-formal" winter dress...
Anywayz, I spent all morning looking for dresses online... I think I've found a few...
I love love love the 3rd dress... Nor sure if it's considered "semi-formal" though. I kinda liked the black tights the 1st girls wearing... But I think that's a cotton dress which screams "so not formal". Other's opinions would be great since I have little to no fashion sense.
Also, I'll need closed toe shoes... Since none of the ones I got would come close to matching any of those dresses... I was looking at these... I thin the one of the left is my fav. The only problem is the 3" heal... I'm already 5'11 with a 5'9 husband... I really should wear flats... But these are just so cute... One of the reasons I was considering the top right shoe... 1-1/2" heal would probably be better suited for me then a 3" one... Opinions? I have no clue is these styles even match.

No comments:

Post a Comment